Good Morning and Happy Monday! You are happy that it’s Monday, right? This felt like an incredibly fast weekend to me. I read a post on Ashley’s blog last week about being too desperate for the weekend. I thought it was interesting because isn’t that what most people do? Start the week off by wishing it was Friday?
These guys could care less what day of the week it is.
Teagan asked to have his picture taken by the fruit basket.
Doesn’t he look so sweet and innocent? Don’t let him fool you.
Eggs, red pepper, onion and mushrooms cooked in ghee, avocado, bacon and a mix of strawberries, blueberries and banana. Love the flavor of the eggs and veggies cooked in ghee. So good!
I had one ripe banana that was begging to be baked, so I made some Paleo Banana Muffins.
I altered the recipe a little bit – see my changes in red.
Makes 10 mini muffins or 5 regular sized muffins.
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds – I didn’t have any so I left them out
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 large, ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (or other milk) – I used coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional) – I left them out
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a mini muffin pan. I used a regular muffin pan
2. Combine almond meal, coconut flour, cinnamon, salt & baking soda in large bowl.
3. Whisk together remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
5. Spoon mixture into muffin pan and bake for 15 minutes or until tops start to turn golden brown. Since I used a regular muffin pan, I baked mine for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
After lunch we went back to their house so I could teach them how to use their new iPhone’s.
Grilled pork tenderloin, grilled sweet potato and grilled cabbage. Gotta love meals that don’t require the stove or the oven.
This is the head of cabbage we picked up at the farmers market yesterday.
The picture really doesn’t really do it justice, but it’s huge..and heavy.
I made another pan of veggie deliciousness for the week.
Ground pork, brussel sprouts, cabbage, kale, green beans, red pepper and carrots.
I’m glad the weather was nice over the weekend because it looks like we’re in for a rainy week. Although, it seems the more they call for rain, the less it rains.
Do your parents have iPhone’s?
How was your weekend?
How is the weather where you live?