I’ve been a member at the Gold’s Gym in our town for a little over a year now. I’ve never really gotten into a regular routine because I didn’t feel completely comfortable there. My contract was up in November and I’ve been trying to decide what I was going to do. My sister and her boyfriend recently became members at Planet Fitness and they both seem to really like it. After dinner last night, I took a drive over there to check it out.
- I like the atmosphere. There is a lot of bright yellow and purple (just like Biggest Loser this season) and there aren’t a bunch of guys grunting and throwing weights down.
- Cheaper membership. There are 3 membership options: They’re all $1 to sign up right now. 1) $10/month with a 1 year contract. 2) $15/month with the ability to cancel at any time. 3) $19.99/month with a 1 year contract and this membership includes, unlimited guests, complimentary tanning, unlimited privileges at any Planet Fitness location, unlimited use of massage chairs, 1/2 off cooler drinks.
- It’s 5 miles from home and located right on the beach.
- Very helpful and friendly employees.
- My sister is a member, so we could potentially work out together.
- There are a lot of cardio machines. I didn’t count but there are at least 10 new flat screen TV’s at the front that are easy for everyone to see.
- The machines all appear to be in good condition.
- They’re open at 5:00am, so if I ever decide to go back to early morning workouts, I can do that.
- There are no classes. I did enjoy Group Power at one time at Gold’s but I haven’t participated in several months.
As you can see, the pros outweighed the cons, so I’m now a member at Planet Fitness. :) I wasn’t really prepared to work out but my sister was there when I signed up, so I hopped on the elliptical next to her for about 15 minutes.
After only 15 minutes, I was a sweaty mess. Does the elliptical do that to anyone else? After that we got on the treadmill for a little bit.
I only earned 2 AP’s yesterday according to my ActiveLink.
For breakfast I had some Shredded Wheat with a tiny bit of Corn Chex that was left in the box with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, a banana and a few strawberries. I think it’s a little early for strawberries – they’re still a little tart.
Shortly after I finished my cereal, a coworker of mine brought it to my attention that there were Pumpkin Pringles in the break room. What?
I had never heard of these before. Have you? I have a little bit of a pumpkin obsession, so I had to give them a try. You know the whole once you pop – you can’t stop deal, so I avoided them like the plague for the rest of the day.
Lunch was leftover Chicken and Broccoli Noodle Casserole. Yep, I’m the queen of leftovers this week.
After lunch, I enjoyed some mint chocolate chip ice cream – in the form of Extra Dessert Delights gum.
My friend Jill sent me a text letting me know that she was stopping at Dunkin Donuts on her way back from lunch and asked if I wanted her to get me anything. Ok, twist my arm. I had an iced latte lite with 3 Splenda.
Dane made stuffed chicken with his own tomatoe-y sauce, sweet potato fries and brussels sprouts.
Right before I was leaving for the gym, I noticed Wrigley trying to fit into this small shelf like Teagan does. (Wrigley is considerably bigger) He didn’t quite fit. :)
Have a great Friday Eve!