Good Morning and Happy Friday Eve!
* This is what Florida looks like this week.
* I’m seriously considering registering for the Central Florida Bloggers Conference in September. I think it will be great to meet my fellow Florida bloggers who have a lot more knowledge and so many ideas.
* We made Turkey and Black Bean Enchiladas for dinner last night on a whim and they turned out great! Recipe to come.
**Updated to include recipe
Turkey and Black Bean Enchiladas
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- extra virgin olive oil (can substitute cooking spray)
- low carb tortillas
- 1/2 cup fat free shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella
- 1 can enchilada sauce (you could make your own)
In a large skillet brown turkey meat. When the turkey is browned add, onion, green pepper, black beans and seasonings. Mix well and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Spoon turkey mixture into tortilla, roll it and place into glass baking dish seam side down. Top with enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees. We topped ours with light sour cream, salsa, romaine lettuce and tomatoes.
* Today is my last day on Prednisone!
If my ears and throat aren’t back to normal by Monday, I’m going to make an appointment with an ENT. At that point, it will be 3 weeks that I’ve been dealing with this and that’s just crazy.
Have you ever been to a blogging conference or had the opportunity to meet bloggers that live near you? I’m not familiar with any bloggers in Volusia County.