**Sorry if you received an incomplete version of this post last night. I was typing it up and hit Publish instead of Preview. Oops!!
Is it seriously June already? I know I say this every month, but holy crap, May went by in a flash! At the beginning of the month, I had really high hopes and thought my goals were very doable. Didn’t turn out so great, but let’s review anyway.
- Lose 6 pounds. I’m pretty sure I haven’t lost 6 pounds in a month during this entire journey, so it’s time to make that happen. Only lost a total of 1.8.
- Complete the Ease into 5k program. I haven’t ran in 3 weeks.
- Get some form of exercise more days than I don’t. Definitely not.
- Don’t gain weight on vacation. (Dane and I are going to Pennsylvania later this month to see his family) Getting sick helped out with this one.
- Run 1 mile without walking. This is a big one for me and it should happen next week during Week 6 of Ease into 5k. No
- Drink 100 oz. of water every day. I’ve done really good with this one.
- Hit my Bodybugg goals every day. (10,000 steps – 2,300 calories burned and 30 mins of moderate activity) I haven’t been wearing the BB. I forgot how much it annoyed me to wear the armband with short sleeves all day long. (like at work)
- Register for another race. I did register for a race next Sunday the 10th. I’m not feeling real good about it considering I’ve been sick for 10 days.
- Don’t eat out more than once a week. (besides vacation) Need to work on this one.
- Try not to weigh every day. I know it’s not good to step on the scale every single day due to the never ending list of reasons your weight fluctuates on a daily basis. I did do better with this.
I hope that June ends up being a better month for me as far as weight loss and working out goes. Here are some of my goals.
- Get back in a routine. I am so out of whack when it comes to my eating, working out, getting things done around the house. I still have my suitcase from vacation sitting on my bedroom floor. This sickness has taken everything out of me.
- Lose 5 pounds. I can do this.
- Resume and complete Ease into 5k. I really need to feel the sense of accomplishment in completing this program.
- Look into classes at my gym. Even if I go to one class a week, I need to try something new and challenge myself.
- Start cooking more. I’ve been pawning most of the cooking off on Dane and even though I know he enjoys it, I need to have a part in creating new healthy meals for us.
Those sound pretty realistic right?
I weighed in yesterday morning and lost 2.4 lbs. I’m sure being sick contributed to this and I’m not sure how being on steroids for 9 days will affect my body next week, but we’ll see! I did update my Weigh in’s page.
I am so happy to report that I’m already feeling some relief with the Prednisone. The swelling has gone down in my glands/sinus’ and my ears are finally getting better!! The loud whistling noise is gone, I have a little bit more energy and I could actually sing in the car on the way home. ;) I’m looking forward to today being even better.
Confession time. I was really hungry yesterday! I’m thinking the Prednisone had something to do with that. I had to run out at lunch to pick up my Synthroid prescription at CVS. Yes, that’s 3 prescriptions in the last week. Thank goodness for insurance. My friend Jill and I went out to eat and I had a Gyro plate with a few french fries and a small Greek salad.
Dane was supposed to have a softball game last night but it ended up getting rained out, so we took his sister to our favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner. I had a Shrimp Chimichanga. Ok, I feel better now.
How did you do with your May goals?