In an effort to get out of my funk this afternoon, I decided to bake something. I made these for Dane again because as he says, “They didn’t suck.” I also found a recipe for Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars. Yes, please!
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
makes 16 small squares
- 2.5 cups whole rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk (regular or soy milk would be fine)
- 1 large egg (or 1 “flax” egg – see note below for vegan option)
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (I used Skippy Natural)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips (I didn’t have these. I threw in a few butterscotch chips)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 8 x 8 pan w/ cooking spray & set aside.
- Mix together oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add in the milk, vanilla, and egg. Mix together until evenly combined.
- Add mashed bananas, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 20 minutes. Cut into bars and enjoy!
This morning, I woke up and wanted eggs again.
I also had 3 slices of reduced fat bacon – 2PP.
Not long after breakfast, I was craving a smoothie. I made this one using:
1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
4 oz. fat free vanilla greek yogurt
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 packet Splenda
6 ice cubes
Around noon, we did our grocery shopping for the week. We had a small lunch since we planned on having steak on the grill for dinner.
Dane grilled our steaks along with the asparagus. We baked the sweet potatoes in the oven for an hour.
The steak was REALLY good but I only ate a small part of it. I’m the worst steak eater because I end up leaving a big part of it on my plate. If it has fat on it, I can’t do it. I know I know..that’s the best part, right? ;)
I haven’t totally planned out our meals for the week but it looks something like this:
Monday – Something with ground chicken
Tuesday – Salald with tilapia
Wednesday – Organic ravioli with leftover homemade pasta sauce
Thursday – Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Friday – TBA – possibly eating out
Monday – W3D1 of Ease into 5k/After dinner walk
Tuesday – Elliptical/Weight training
Wednesday – W3D2 of Ease into 5k/After dinner walk
Thursday – Elliptical/Weight training
Friday – W3D3 of Ease into 5k
I’ll be back to my 4:15 wake up tomorrow morning.